The Purpose of Life
-Arun Bhardwaj
More than a year ago, I had visited Pune on a business trip, where I was introduced to ‘Mr. Ranganathan Iyer’. Mr. Iyer was a trainer, a spiritual person and had been involved in Ontology (the language of being). He wanted to get associated with us as a facilitator and we had an half an hour chat over a cup of coffee. After the meeting, I wasn’t sure, if he was the right person to engage on our behalf with the Corporate clients but we didn’t do much business development in Pune and almost forgot about our meeting, as time went by.
On 27th March, 2015, I get a call on my mobile that I am Ranganathan speaking, remember we had met in Pune!! After some time, I was able to place the gentleman vaguely. He said, he was in Gurgaon and wanted to come and meet me. I invited him to my office and after some pleasantries, he mentioned that he had published a book “Purpose of Life”. The book is 70 odd pages and looks more like a fancy retail catalogue but I am sure lot of deep thoughts may have gone into it. When I asked Mr. Iyer, what’s the purpose of life, he mentioned the following:
- To fulfill your Karma
- To make a difference to your immediate and extended family
- To make a difference to the world
After he left, I did go through the book and I would like to share some of the interesting thoughts from it:
- We are divine… in living and experiencing humanness, we forget our divinity… the journey within takes us closer to our divinity. It’s the longest journey to be on … but the shortest distance to cover… from head to the heart.
- One cannot change the Universe but a change within is all it takes, to change one’s Universe!!
- What lies beyond one’s perceived reality, is possibility of life, larger than what one is perceiving for oneself. It’s a journey, beyond the obvious!
- Everything is possible and attainable. To live this possibility, it’s important to drop one’s own limited beliefs.
- One can regret the past or worry about the future. However, one can’t change the past and safeguard the future. Life unfolds in this moment – it’s not the past or the future!
- Who we are is vast and majestic…Who we become is limited…Limited by our own perception! When one alters the context… one’s world stands altered…From proving to others, to doing it for self. From lesser ness to worthiness. From blame and complaint to being responsible.From attachment to letting go. From dependence to freedom. From the past and future to now. From fear to truth and love.
We are ready for a new journey!
What is the journey of awareness:
- Step one is to be Aware. To be aware of oneself, thoughts, emotions and reactions.
- Step two is to Acknowledge. To acknowledge one’s emotions.
- Step three is to Accept. To accept presence of emotions, without resisting or opposing in anyway.
- Step four is to Ascend. Moment of complete detachment from both, the emotion and the inner source of emotion.
- Final step is to Attune. This means focusing one’s attention to the very center of one’s core, where inner peace and power exists..
I believe that it was my Karma that I met him again and that I share some of his work and profound thoughts with you. This is possibly one of the ways, I am giving it back to the world.
Hope you enjoyed reading it, as much as I enjoyed sharing it. Look forward to your views and comments.
More than a year ago, I had visited Pune on a business trip, where I was introduced to ‘Mr. Ranganathan Iyer’. Mr. Iyer was a trainer, a spiritual person and had been involved in Ontology (the language of being). He wanted to get associated with us as a facilitator and we had an half an hour chat over a cup of coffee. After the meeting, I wasn’t sure, if he was the right person to engage on our behalf with the Corporate clients but we didn’t do much business development in Pune and almost forgot about our meeting, as time went by.
On 27th March, 2015, I get a call on my mobile that I am Ranganathan speaking, remember we had met in Pune!! After some time, I was able to place the gentleman vaguely. He said, he was in Gurgaon and wanted to come and meet me. I invited him to my office and after some pleasantries, he mentioned that he had published a book “Purpose of Life”. The book is 70 odd pages and looks more like a fancy retail catalogue but I am sure lot of deep thoughts may have gone into it. When I asked Mr. Iyer, what’s the purpose of life, he mentioned the following:
- To fulfill your Karma
- To make a difference to your immediate and extended family
- To make a difference to the world
After he left, I did go through the book and I would like to share some of the interesting thoughts from it:- We are divine… in living and experiencing humanness, we forget our divinity… the journey within takes us closer to our divinity. It’s the longest journey to be on … but the shortest distance to cover… from head to the heart.
- One cannot change the Universe but a change within is all it takes, to change one’s Universe!!
- What lies beyond one’s perceived reality, is possibility of life, larger than what one is perceiving for oneself. It’s a journey, beyond the obvious!
- Everything is possible and attainable. To live this possibility, it’s important to drop one’s own limited beliefs.
- One can regret the past or worry about the future. However, one can’t change the past and safeguard the future. Life unfolds in this moment – it’s not the past or the future!
- Who we are is vast and majestic…Who we become is limited…Limited by our own perception! When one alters the context… one’s world stands altered…From proving to others, to doing it for self. From lesser ness to worthiness. From blame and complaint to being responsible.From attachment to letting go. From dependence to freedom. From the past and future to now. From fear to truth and love.
We are ready for a new journey!
What is the journey of awareness:
- Step one is to be Aware. To be aware of oneself, thoughts, emotions and reactions.
- Step two is to Acknowledge. To acknowledge one’s emotions.
- Step three is to Accept. To accept presence of emotions, without resisting or opposing in anyway.
- Step four is to Ascend. Moment of complete detachment from both, the emotion and the inner source of emotion.
- Final step is to Attune. This means focusing one’s attention to the very center of one’s core, where inner peace and power exists..
I believe that it was my Karma that I met him again and that I share some of his work and profound thoughts with you. This is possibly one of the ways, I am giving it back to the world.
Hope you enjoyed reading it, as much as I enjoyed sharing it. Look forward to your views and comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment